Replacement 200 Amp Panel

Larry WassonNovember 11, 2011

Currently we have five exterior meters and panels, one meter on a 100 amp panel for the main floor of the house and office upstairs. We had four studio apartments on 20 amp panels which now have been converted to a single mother-in-law unit. Want to combine the four 20 amp panels to a single panel. Would like a single exterior box holding two meters and two 100 amp panels. Any suggestions? Does the circuit panel brand matter? All the first estimate I received said was "Install 200 amp 2 meter residential service surface mounted at existing meter location". Estimate little less than $1800. Thinking I could save some money by ordering the panel, have the electrician mount, and I connect all the circuits. I have completely rewired our home, an 1888 Victorian.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo

That is a very reasonable price. You could try and find an electrician who would do what you plan but it may difficult. They won't pull a permit and let you do some of the work and I doubt you could pull two separate permits.

    Bookmark   November 11, 2011 at 3:07PM
Sign Up to comment
More Discussions
1 of 2 security light bulbs keep going out, do i need a new light?
I have a security light fixture in my carport that...
Need to Understand GFCI Requirements.
I posted this in the remodeling section, but I think...
Code changes
In outlining the electrical layout for our new home,...
Can you make a splice inside one of these?
The reason I ask is my neighbor's house was destroyed...
can homeowner so electrical work in his own home ? (above ground pool)
I live in Western ma and I'm having an Adobe ground...
Sponsored Products
White Low-Back Leatherette Office Chair
$169.99 | zulily
LED 4" retrofit Recessed 13 Watt Downlight Trim
$39.99 | Lamps Plus
Cabana Black Stripe Cotton Curtain Panel
Serafino Rod Pocket 108-inch Panel
Justice Design Group CNDL-8671 - Montana 1 Light Wall Sconce - Square with Melte
$196.20 | Hayneedle
Progress Lighting Ceiling Mounted Lighting Roman Coach Collection 2-Light
Home Depot
Full 200TC Embroidered Hem Sheet Set - WHITE/DUSTY BLUE
$146.90 | Horchow
Foscarini | Maki Linear Multipoint Pendant
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™