dryer outlet blown?
To start, I know absolutely nothing about electrical circuitry (sp?). (I can't even spell that word...)
We came home from being away 2 days and our dryer will not turn on. It was working fine the day we left. I flipped the breaker switches to the laundry room and then tried the entire house and that didn't help, so we figure it's the dryer. However, I tried to plug a vacuum into an outlet today in our kitchen and no go. Another one in the kitchen worked fine. Tried the breakers again but it didn't help.
So, we are thinking the dryer problem is the outlet. However, if the breaker switch doesn't help it then how do we fix it? And why is it two different random outlets in our house that are not necessarily close to one another? We haven't checked any other outlets.
BTW, we have a new home, built in 2004, and it has some protection, like if our child sticks a screwdriver in the outlet it's suppose to shut it down and not electrocute her. We haven't tested this of course!
Any help would be appreciated!