I'm stumped - electrical

jschermeOctober 29, 2013

So, it's been an eventful weekend the furnace went out resulting in my wife and I using space heaters to keep the house warm. Then, the next morning my wife decides to use the fan in the bathroom attached to our bedroom as well as turning all the lights on and using the hair dryer.
Naturally, the 20amp breaker flips, so she went down stairs and flipped all of the breakers back and forth until the electricity came back on, because she states "it didn't turn off".
Today, I went and got two 20Amp double pole breakers in case the first didn't work. I had to use trial and error to find out which breaker it was for sure do to a mis-labeled panel. After finding the breaker I thought I was on the home stretch and installed the 20 amp breaker and flipped the switch and nothing. I checked my connections and everything was correct and tried again and still no power to the master bedroom. I tried the other 20A breaker in case the first was broken and still haven't got power back on to the master bedroom. Any advice would be helpful? Thanks,

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
Ron Natalie

Look for a tripped gfci.

Bookmark   October 29, 2013 at 11:18PM
More Discussions
Need help Replacing old dimmer that used only 2 wires in a three way
I need advice as to which wire to connect to which...
txmat
ceiling fan, fan works but lights do not
I have 2 kids and one threw a toy that hit one of the...
katy_bug
Looking for Ideas For Lighting at base of 300' long driveway
Sorry for the "picture through the screen"...
dixieman
Doorbell goes off by itself.
Can anyone tell me why this would happen? It's a wired...
stu2900
Light boxes on/in 6X8 timber floor joists for log home
Just trying to figure how to wire a couple light fixtures/chandelier...
yota_85
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™