masonary and brick recepticles

vest1951October 13, 2012

what kind of recepticle boxes do you install in brick and cinderblock for a plug >????

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo

One of the best choices, seldom used in residential construction in this area, is a metal box called-- hold on-- a masonry box. Has knockouts only, no cable clamps. The flanges for mounting the switch or receptacle are rolled in so that the screws do not encounter mortar. For cable, a Romex connector is required. If mounting in an existing wall, the hole must be cut very precisely to size to avoid having the hole larger than the cover plate.
An internet search will find a photo of the box.

    Bookmark   October 13, 2012 at 5:26PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo

Masonry boxes are intended to be embedded in poured concrete.

They are overkill for mounting into a brick wall.

    Bookmark   October 16, 2012 at 2:26PM
Sign Up to comment
More Discussions
Installing 220/240V. 50/60Hz appliances from Europe
I hope to install a "Domino" modular system...
Grounding Service panel 200amp
Is the new NEC saying to no longer run # 4 copper wire...
Please Critique Low-Volt (Home Automation) Plan/Proposal
GW/Houzz Community, As always, I want to thank this...
Andrew K.
Testing a fluorescent bulb
I've got a light box that isn't lighting up when I...
Goodbye Phone Jack: what to do with wires?
We want to remove this phone jack. It's in a useless...
Sponsored Products
Dimplex DFI230106A Electric Flame Fireplace Insert
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™