Wiring undercabinet lights

wg999October 13, 2010

Tried to post some other place, but now can't find - hope electric skills better than my computer skills. Question for anyone willing to help. I am doing kitchen remodel and placing 110 hardwired undercabinet lighting. Romex from switch to light fixture. Is it proper and normal to run cable from wall through the back lip of (under) cabinet to light fixture leaving small piece of exposed romex stapled under cabinet. Other than low voltage, is there some other way this is normally done? Thanks for your help on this.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
ontariojer

You posted it in that other post, about 4 down from this one right now, also titled undercabinet lights.

I don't know what you mean by 'through the back lip of (under) cabinet', but if you mean you run it out of the wall, staple it to the bottom of the cabinet, and then into the fixture using an appropriate connector, then yes, that is what is done normally.

Bookmark   October 13, 2010 at 6:53PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
wg999

Thanks - Thats exactly what I meant - I refered to the lip as the botton of sides that run around the perimeter. My concern was the small amount of exposed romex that is stapled under cabinet and exposed.

Bookmark   October 15, 2010 at 9:44PM
More Discussions
Reuse electrical panel
I replaced a 24 circuit Square D panel with a new 40...
zver11
A/C wired to main panel only?
I had 2 electricians come out to bid upgrading my service...
frank_diy
Re-wiring range to service spa
what connectors are appropriate for joining 6-3 NMB...
justsomeotherdude
Well this sucks
Just when you thought the idiot popup ads in the gardenweb...
Ron Natalie
Motion sensor that doesn't click
I have a motion sensor very much like the picture attached...
drmeow3
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™