"Outlets making plugged-ins hot"
I have just started renting out an older house I own (lived in many years). Some wiring was upgraded, both bathrooms on GFCI. Some older parts still have 2-prong outlets (no ground). My renter says that the "outlets are making plugged-ins hot." I can't think of an electrical problem which would make this happen and don't want to pay for an electrician for no reason as I never had any electrical problems at the house. Is there an instance where the wiring (or voltage to the house, which I haven't checked) would cause this problem. I have never noticed any other problems like light bulbs burning out quickly, flickering, etc. and she hasn't complained of those. Because it is an older home, it does have fewer than usual outlets and she may be running many things off of extension cords. She also specifically mentioned a hall lamp which has halogen bulbs which she may be unfamiliar with. Any ideas or information or sources would be helpful. Thanks.