thinking of silver's SM...
Silver's SM was on my mind the entire time we visited older SD out of state. We were there only 3 days. And the entire time i was thinking I should behave like Silver's SM in order to get some proper treatment. LOL (Just kidding)
They invited us, we did not barge on them. I get along with SD yet it is just not right to be such a bad host...It was my first time in their place, she used to be with us every single holiday and break so I never had a chance to visit...I was warned by younger SD but here goes...
1. there was no food at all because SD wants her DH to lose weight (he is not overweight just is not skinny)
- they did not do food shopping for us at all but it was rather complicated for us to go shopping there (unfamiliar city area, no car and so on)
3. We weren't offered any meals, any snacks or any brekfast
4. SO offered to take them out-well we have to eat! (dinners and lunches) and they got excited, chose the most expensive restaurants and the most expensive meals, all of a sudden SD forgot her DH has to be on a diet.
5. the only time SD was willing to pay (for herself only) in a coffee shop once ordering herself beverages and deserts and never asking if anyone wants anything.
- they slept very late and we had to sit around quietly (small apartment), no breakfast, we did make ourselves teas and coffees and sat there waiting
7. they went to bed early, turning off TV and turning off all the lights in a living room so we were forced to go to the bedroom, luckily we had god books with us so we could read
7. I understand that gifts are not important, thoughts is what counts, but we got probably the worst gifts in our lives even though we got them EVERYTHING on their wish list
8. SD was in a bad mood as always (SO kept saying she is just hormonal, no, she is always this way) being very cold and withdrawn
9. we had to go to SD's in-laws for dinner, we arrived at 6, dinner was served at 9:15PM (yeap no exaggeration), we sat for three hours while they did their own thing. And at 9:15PM we were served pork. LOL I am Jewish, OK I don't look like one and my name is not particularly ethnic, let's assume they did not know (although SD could tell them). But SO is Muslim (not devout but still). they know he is Muslim, they must know, his name, looks, country of origin in combination do not suggest anything different (of course he would be of a different persuasion from whatever ethnicity but some names just clearly indicate one is Muslim). In fact if they knew SD's maiden name they knew her dad's ethnicity/religion/culture. Of course we did not eat pork, just ate dry rice LOL
10. When we were leaving neither SD not DH hid their excitement we were leaving. (SO pointed out to me how obvious it is) and we were excellent guests, we never bothered anyone, and really we were there for less than 3 days! And she is always upset that dad does not visit. But when he visits that's what he gets! In the past when he visited he came back upset and angry and complaining of poor treatment. Now i see why!
11. I can't care less myself, I can put up with this, not my kid, but I feel bad for SO, he is very devout father and he spoiled them rotten and now that's how they treat him...
Silver's SM should have SD like mine, not like silver, see how she would survive this kind of host...
PS Just to add both SD and her DH are very well off