A king comforter for a queen duvet cover?

downsouthSeptember 13, 2012

Has anyone ever done this? The person who suggested this to me said a king comforter fits a queen duvet and fills it up better. Would like your opinions about this as I will be buying a comforter in the next two weeks.

Thanks, Devonne

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
yayagal

I have a king on a queen right now. I like it as it drapes nicely.

Bookmark   September 13, 2012 at 12:36AM
Sujafr

I also have a king comforter in a queen duvet cover. My comforter is slightly bigger than the duvet cover, but doesn't cause a problem for me and fits much better than my queen comforter did.

However, the best way to tell is to measure your duvet cover and then check the size of the comforter you order or buy. The actual measurements are usually listed along with the "king" or "queen" (at least when ordering online). That way you're not surprised. You'll find that sizes vary greatly--by as much as 8-10" on each side--while still being called "queen"!

Bookmark   September 13, 2012 at 12:50AM
downsouth

I should have clarified to go "inside" the duvet cover. Sujafr, thanks for the suggestion on the measuring. I bought a Ralph Lauren duvet cover on Ebay and can't wait to get the comforter to put inside.

Bookmark   September 13, 2012 at 12:12PM
Sujafr

Interesting that your duvet cover is RL. My queen comforter is RL, but is too small for my queen duvet cover--thus using a king. I'm not sure why comforters aren't bigger since it seems they often are too skimpy for the size bed they're intended. Hope yours fits your bed beautifully!

Bookmark   September 13, 2012 at 12:58PM
Fun2BHere

I've always used a king duvet inside of a queen duvet cover. It makes it puffier looking which I like. Also, I've never had a problem with the duvet slipping around inside of the cover.

Bookmark   September 13, 2012 at 2:54PM
More Discussions
Help! Living room paint colors!!
Hello everyone, I just bought my house and I need help...
fabbyar79
Art height...opinions
i'm hanging six botanicals above table. Do you think...
Kitch4me
Carpet only in the closet?
Would you carpet a closet when you've got hardwood...
amberm145
Help with foyer
I need ideas on how to use or decorate this space....
knowll423
Pier 1 Furniture???
Okay, we are at the tail end of a whole-house remodel...
dgranara
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™