SW Nomaidic Desert or Latte,anyone??

ideamomAugust 15, 2009

I think I've narrowed my paint color decision for my LR/DR combo to either Sherwin Williams Latte or Nomadic Desert. The tan color I have now looks very peachy in certain lights so I hope these colors do not have peach undertones! The rooms are small so I want to make sure the walls aren't too dark, but want contrast with the creme color base & crown molding. We are also thinking about having hardwood floors installed...and I don't want light color hardwood floors so wonder if I go with Latte if the room will look even smaller?

If anyone here has SW Latte or Nomandic Desert would love to see photos!!

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
fnmroberts

Those have been popular colors. We used SW Latte as an accent color in our foyer, then dropped several shades to Kilim Beige for the LR/DR. Our rooms are pretty light during the day but with high ceilings we did not want the space too dark at night. There have been recent posts about color undertones to these paint hues. I believe it depends on your lighting or surroundings in the room. You could search the site to read them. Pleased with our choices.

In the photo below, Latte is behind the secretary and to the left with Kilim Beige to the right.

If you follow the link from "My Page" there are more room pictures. Good luck.

Bookmark   August 16, 2009 at 8:09AM
straitlover

I used Nomadic Desert in my LR. Was going to go w/ Latte, but I decided it might be a tad too dark (my LR is on the small side). I don't have any "finished" LR pics as I am still decorating. Here's one I took to post on another thread here (see link below). The colors are a little washed due to the flash. The slipcover is sage but lloks grayish. The wall's a little darker than shows in the pic.

Anyway, I love the ND!

Here is a link that might be useful:

Bookmark   August 16, 2009 at 3:15PM
ttodd

Those are both really nice colors! Gosh I LOVE that secretary! Everytime I see it I swoon!

Those B&W pics look super w/ the Nomadic Desert.

Bookmark   August 17, 2009 at 8:17AM
More Discussions
How to respond to social backlash aimed at your mid mod aesthestic? R
Today's retrorenovation blog was filled with subjects...
lov_mkitchenIOWA zone 6b
Help coordinating an antique chandelier ?
\\Hello all! I'm working on lighting now...:) I have...
eesmerelda
Is it possible to hang ikea curtains on a transverse rod?
I have curtains tht I would like to hang in my family...
kiki_thinking
Ellen's Design Challenge final - spoiler alert
Spoilers below -- but, I really want to know the answer. I...
edie_thiel
It's me......
Hi Everybody. It's me. I'm a relatively longtime...
Karen Viscito Interiors
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™