Interference (probably high frequency) in neutral line. Pls help.
Hello everybody! I'm Tiger from India. :)
Recently, I'm finding that my laptop touchpad goes awry and erratic whenever I plug the laptop adapter to the wall socket. At first, I suspected the adapter itself, but when I started my workaround to find out the real fault, here are the conclusions I've got.
1. It's not the adapter. Even if the wall socket switch is turned off and the adapter is plugged in, the interference happens.
2. The laptop with its adapter works fine everywhere, except my home.
3. Neutal-Grounding Voltage = 2.4 V with light load, 5V with high household load.
4. I unplugged all SMPS based equipments, still the problem continues.
5. Even if I short the neutral and ground beyond the RCCB, the problem continues.
6. I connected one wire from the laptop adapter into each hole of the socket for testing. Whenever I put the wire in the neutral hole, the touchpad went erratic.
7. Surprisingly, my colleague's laptop (of other brand) exhibited the same problem in my house, although to a lesser extent!
All local electricians failed to identify the problem. Where is this possibly high-frequency interference coming from?
All these happening with no Air Con/Refrigerator/Compressor running.
Could you kindly help me out? It's becoming impossible to use laptops in my house.