Replacing Fluorescent Ballast

mike_kaiser_gwAugust 15, 2010

When replacing a fluorescent ballast is one required to run the high voltage wires to the lamp holder or can they be spliced (e.g., stripped, twisted, and secured with the appropriate size wire nut)?

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo

Securing the nut is just fine. We do it all the time that way when replacing ballasts.

    Bookmark   August 15, 2010 at 9:56PM
Sign Up to comment
More Discussions
Multiple Fluorescent Ballasts in one light fixture
Hello GardenWeb. I'm not new here, but couldn't log...
Reuse electrical panel
I replaced a 24 circuit Square D panel with a new 40...
Doorbell goes off by itself.
Can anyone tell me why this would happen? It's a wired...
Insulation in electrical box
While in my attic the other day I saw an open electrical...
Spa Capacitor question
My spa is wired for 220v. The pump motor is rated for...
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™