Child Support Question

richjsnDecember 5, 2012

Child Support Question.

The court has me paying a set amount for child support in the state of Missouri and it states if the child is in college child support continues until the age of 22. The daughter is done with high school and will be going to college full time and living there as well. My question is can I petition the court to use the amount of child support to go directly to pay for her college and not to the Mother of the child who received maintenance as well? I do pay for her insurance, cell phone, and medical as well.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo

My DH had a similar situation (different state tho)Yes I do believe if you retain a lawyer, you can get the amount of child support reduced for the time child is not living at home, a home still has to be maintained for breaks and summer, but it will save you money you can put towards college tuition and expenses.

    Bookmark   December 5, 2012 at 7:52PM
Sign Up to comment
More Discussions
His ex controls the situation through the kids
I have been dating my BF for over 3 years now and his...
end of rope
I thought I could do this. I have some good memories...
Choosing Cats over Friends
Sorry, I'm posting this here because I don't know where...
Marrying Widower with Adult Children
Somebody help me, please! I am about to marry a widower...
Venting and disengaging
Since the horrible experience of my step daughter's...
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™