thanksgiving

mom2emallNovember 26, 2009

So we had Thanksgiving dinner at my house and it was the first time my dad has not been here! I posted recently about a falling out we had. I feel sad that he was not here for dinner, but my stepmom and little sister did join us (along with other family members from my family and dh's family).

In a way I want to make up with him because I miss him. But then there is that stubborn part of me that feels like if I make up without him apologizing or admitting any wrongdoing I am setting myself up for this situation to happen again. For those of you who did not read my family drama in a nutshell this is what happened:

my younger sister and I got into an argument and she called my dad to get him on her side. He began sending me nasty text messages. I called him and told him he should stat out of it because it was between me and her. He refused to stay out of it and also refused to then listen to my side. And because of it all he decided to not come to my house to celebrate my youngest sisters b-day. That IMO was a wierd loyalty show for my sister I was arguing with.

So what do you all think?

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
catlettuce

I think your Dad should have stayed out of it. I can't imagine any parents getting involved in skirmishes like this but I know it does happen.

I think you did what you can do, it's sad because it makes the relationship with your dad & you strained obviously. But it may be better he wasn't there as it could have been a big scene if everyone has not gotten over whatever the arguement was about.

I'm sorry about your situation. I think you reacted the same way I would have for whats it worth and not sure what else you could do unless you are willing to just take the blame ( I wouldn't want to).

~Cat

Bookmark   November 27, 2009 at 12:14PM
More Discussions
Can I handle becoming a stepmom one day?
I just turned 36 earlier this month. My boyfriend and...
Foxycf
New- Really need help..
Hi I am new here but hoping as people in the same...
runrun2
adult step son and his girlfriend lives with us
i just want my privacy. we have never had any. met...
d.dee
If I could tell mothers of adult stepchildren anything, Part 2
It seems my five-year-old topic has reached its limit...
lilysuzanne40
His children
I need advice and this seems to be the only intelligent...
KBecdd
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™