Table for Kate

texaswildDecember 5, 2011

My DGD bought a toy ironing board last year when I took her antiquing in Jefferson. Said I could do anything I wanted w/it. W/absolutely no inspiration, this is all I could come up with. My DD says Kate doesn't have an entry table, so w/probably use it there under a couple art pieces that need anchoring. I put it next to a chair to show sizing.

Toy Ironing Board Table

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
texaswild

Let's try that again.

Table

Bookmark   December 5, 2011 at 6:10PM
toomuchglass

LOVE the agate slices ! It's just perfect ..... I can't think of a cuter table :)

Bookmark   December 5, 2011 at 7:06PM
texaswild

Thanks TOOMUCH. I need new inspiration - little things don't inspire me anymore. PV trip on the horrizon, though, and I'll come back full of inspiration.

Bookmark   December 6, 2011 at 9:03AM
nicethyme

LOL and that's what you can do with NO inspiration!? ahuh

its beautiful

Bookmark   December 6, 2011 at 10:00AM
loribee2

Wow, SLOW, that is an adorable table! Love the design with the colorful flowers. Your family is very lucky!

Bookmark   December 6, 2011 at 2:47PM
silvamae

That is so cute and colorful. Slow, are you finding that you want to work on larger and larger pieces? That is what I am going through right now. I want to mosaic a house, a wall, a giant mural ... I am moving away from smaller things. This is not good, since I have a garage full of small stuff waiting to be worked on.

Bookmark   December 6, 2011 at 3:15PM
texaswild

Thanks, y'all. SILVA - I guess the reason small things don't interest me is that the house/walls are so full there is no room for anything else. That's why I started making garden art. It has become addicting. I do have one more project I have to make - don't know if there'll be time. Shea wants a light fixture for her patio. Every time she visits here, she mentions she needs to jazz up her patio. After her last visit she wrote that she was sitting in her swing she had installed on her patio, and noticed a nail in the wall and wondered if I had an idea what to put on it. Uh huh - only a million ideas. So - a patio sconce is my next project.

Bookmark   December 6, 2011 at 5:08PM
silvamae

That will be cool. And after that I bet you make some big piece of art for your garden.

Bookmark   December 6, 2011 at 5:43PM
Calamity_J

That is sooo adorable! I love it of course!!! I LOVE the agates you sent me!!! I love doing the GOG with them, my design ideas are certainly more"west coast", as your great ideas of flower centers! That is what I love about this forum! All the ideas that flow! I kinda mis the "Project of the Month" we used to do...it was cool to see all the different ideas for the same substrates!

Bookmark   December 7, 2011 at 7:39PM
nanatricia

I love love love it!!!!!

Bookmark   December 7, 2011 at 9:49PM
texaswild

Many thanks, y'all. Got a sun face cut out and put together and ready for mortar - for a patio sconce. Re large project, SILVA - I still have my eyes on my fireplace, but what I have in mind is sooooooo huge, I dread the mess. Perfect winter project, though.

Bookmark   December 8, 2011 at 9:39AM
cathyscache

Kate's table is wonderful!! Love the agates!! I bet Kate loves it too!!

Bookmark   December 9, 2011 at 2:31AM
More Discussions
Hello!
Hi everyone! I haven't been here in a really long time....
eggshelllady
Bonding mosaic tile to metal
Hoping for some advice here--planning a mosaic sign...
sheloolie
Cutting Beach Pebbles
I have a good supply of various colored beach pebbles...
african
Dog portrait
this is a commission, I opted to complete the background...
nicethyme
Help! Newbie Ballchain
Hi everyone new here! I want to incorporate ball chain...
KathyC55
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™