GDs Mirror

katishookedDecember 11, 2008

I would appreciate any comments and/or helpful hints on this project. The mirror I fell in love with to do for my GD. I now realize that it may not have been the best choice, but it will be ok. The inside around the mirror, the outside edge, and the inside of the top panel is rounded. I'm still debating on painting these edges. Using glass globs, or cutting pieces to fit. The last option leaves quite a bit of space for grout, so that is last on my list. Pitch in your ideas. I sure would like some new ones. Thanks

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
texaswild

BEAUTIFUL mirror, and your work on it is gorgeous. My suggestion w/be to paint the edges a nice rich dark color that goes w/one of the colors in the mosaics, and partially gold leaf it - that is, scatter some gold leaf. Other suggestion is paint as in upper suggestion, and use rub-n-buff lightly over the paint. You COULD even just use a gold metallic paint. That's my suggestions.

Bookmark   December 11, 2008 at 6:02PM
cindiloo

Beautiful colors on this! I would paint it like Slow says, one of the colors and scatter some gold leaf.
I think globs would be too much. You've done a wonderful job on this! Bravo!

Bookmark   December 12, 2008 at 2:03AM
nicethyme

Oh I like Slow's suggestion!

great work on this Kati, can't wait to see it finished

Bookmark   December 12, 2008 at 9:38AM
katishooked

Thanks for thumbs up. Slow your thots are mine, but didn't know what color to go with. I'll post a pic when done.

Kathy

Bookmark   December 12, 2008 at 8:31PM
mermaidmosaics

Kathy, that is really lovely, you did a wonderful job. I like Slow's idea about painting the edges and using gold leaf, though i'm not sure how you would go about it. Please post pix when you are done and or/doing.

Bookmark   December 13, 2008 at 9:55PM
katishooked

Well I've been thinking bout it and will prob try each of the colors in diff areas to see which one I like the best. Also have been toying with the idea of glitter added to the paint or as Slow suggested gold leaf or dry brush metallic gold and wiping off. Got a ways to go. Need to grout and get that cleaned up before paint can go on.

Bookmark   December 14, 2008 at 9:07AM
cait1

She's gonna love it! Love your colors.

Bookmark   December 15, 2008 at 8:57AM
More Discussions
mosaicing within old picture frame
Someone somewhere posted details on how to do this...
povertylodge
What sort of grout for a birdbath?
I've mosaiced lots of stuff that lives outside but...
1wanderer
My last commission of 2014
A dear friend's sister commissioned me to make this...
silvamae
"Footprints in the Sand" Mosaic
Artwork of footprints in sand usually accompanies the...
segrieb
Outdoor Tabletop
Okay, I know Silvamae talked about this but I can't...
loribee2
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™