Wow........what a shock from my stove
I have a 16 year old piece of junk GE electric stove. I really need a new one and this is the final straw.
Shortly after I got it 16 years ago, I was getting shocked while stirring something in a pot, and resting my head on the front of the hood. The serviceman said it was because the screw that holds the bracket that holds the wire housing that the element goes into was loose.
Well tonight, while stirring the spaghetti sauce with a metal spoon and touching something else on the stove, I got one heckava jolt. It sort of knocked me back. Bummer. But I'm alive to talk about it.
I turned off the circuit breaker to tighten the screws, and they are already tight. I guess its something else. Or maybe there's gunk between the screw and the stove and its not making enough contact??
Am I safe using the other 2 burners that weren't on? I'll use wooden utensils too.
Time to go-a-stove-hunting. Thanks for your help.