Hot Tub Grounding Wire
I noticed lastnight when I was standing on my wet deck and touched the water in my hottub I received a bit of a shock. I immediately cut off all power to the hot tub. Today I checked the power panel for the hot tub and noticed the grounding wire from the hot tub had come loose inside the panel and was no longer connected. I reconnected the grounding wire to the panel and tested the water and no shock... Don't yell at me I know it was stupid to test with my hands but at the time I thought the shock lastnight was so minimal it should be okay... and fortunately there was no shock. Do you think connecting the hottub grounding wire corrected my problem or should I look at something else? I also have a grounding rod with a copper wire connecting the panel to it and it is about 8 feet dep and next to the panel. I've read and heard different comments that say there should be a grounding rod, and there shouldn't be a grounding rod. Which is best advice?
Thanks in advance... khuggart