Shea's Patio Sconce WIP

texaswildDecember 8, 2011

Can't wait 'till tomorrow for the fun to begin. Haven't a clue how to mosaic it yet, but I'm sure it'll come as soon as the first piece goes on. Her mouth is too big - just like mine.

Patio Sconce WIP

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
loribee2

Ooh, very nice, SLOW. I can't wait to see it with some color on it. I'll bet this will turn out beautifully. I'm curious...how do you do the edges? On my butterflies, the wings were thick enough for me to do a thin tiled edge on them. I then butt up the front and back tiles to the tiled edge. It's tricky to tile that edge, though. What do you do?

Bookmark   December 8, 2011 at 1:55PM
texaswild

Pulled out blue for the eyes, red for the lips and a purplish pink for the rouge. Light w/show through all of them. Re the edges, if there's an edge I stick a little piece on, and if it's not even I just leave the grout. I'm not as perfection-minded as you are, so my stuff is hit/miss and I make it up as I go. Off each of the points of the rays, which were free formed by hand, I'll hang a diamond-shaped mirror w/a bead on each side of it. I love danglies. This is gonna be a fun piece to work on.

Bookmark   December 8, 2011 at 5:41PM
Calamity_J

Very CUTE!!! I LOVE danglies too!!! Sounds great! I am busy decorating my place for Christmas....I am the only one who does/enjoys Christmas holidays and I say Phewy on Them!!! I'm gonna have fun!

Bookmark   December 9, 2011 at 1:04AM
cathyscache

Love it SLOW!! I know i will be beautful, yur work always is!!

Bookmark   December 9, 2011 at 2:04AM
texaswild

Thanks you two. Hope it's dry enough to begin the colors today. Soooooooo busy getting ready for Suzie's visit and then our trip to Dallas for a huuuuuuuuuge family Christmas, including a horse/buggy ride to see the lights, shopping in the busiest mall in Dallas on Christmas Eve, the dinner and opening gifts after brunch on Christmas Day. I LOVE Christmas too, CALAM. We make it big here in Texas.

Bookmark   December 9, 2011 at 10:00AM
nicethyme

OOOh this is gonna be COOL!

Bookmark   December 9, 2011 at 7:29PM
More Discussions
Dog portrait
this is a commission, I opted to complete the background...
nicethyme
please help!!!!
hi! im trying to get into working with glass and i...
fpc3
I have been making some mirrors...
I am enjoying looking at all of your mosaics and I...
angs_pool
Grout colorant
has anyone used these?? I went to lowes the other day...
gretch1964
glass pattern for a cabinet door
Does anyone have a good website or pattern book for...
maryb116
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™