Hi! Where I work, in the stairway to our office, there are several electrical conduits of various sizes that run close to the handrail. I just happened to inadventently touch one of them and realized it was very warm to the touch, kind of "top of a CRT monitor that's been on all day" warm. I followed it by eye and found it feeds the overhead mercury vapor lights.
I found it strange that this particular conduit was warm, so I felt the other ones and they all are at room temperature. I would be curious to know whether this is normal or not.
I will keep your answer for myself, not do anything about it, but I am curious, to hear the answer.