Someone out there copied my image

silvamaeDecember 4, 2011

I was wasting time on Google images and typed in 'blues mosaic guitar' and imagine my surprise when my rhythm and blues guitar popped up, on someone else's blog, without a mention of me or my blog. I was rather miffed! I'm not sure what they're up to, but I think it's a blog just to make money on clicks and my guitar is not ''painting on glass'' so they just carelessly threw something together, maybe? Anyway, in the comments section, I asked them to remove it or credit me, but the comment doesn't show until they have approved it, which they may not do, so ..... anyway, here's their link:

http://paintingonglass.blogspot.com/2010/07/blues-mosaic-guitar.html

As y'all know, my blog is called Mosaic Road.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
silvamae

Here's my link.

Here is a link that might be useful: The image in question (from my blog)

Bookmark   December 4, 2011 at 12:37PM
texaswild

Absolutely disgusting to see this kind of thing happen. There have been successful lawsuits over these practices. Be honored that your talent was chosen, but I'd look into legal action, if you don't get a response from them.

Bookmark   December 4, 2011 at 12:56PM
Calamity_J

I do know that if you posted any pics on this forum, it can be copied as you gave permission when you signed up. I know a few people who do not post here anymore because of this issue.

Bookmark   December 4, 2011 at 2:50PM
nicethyme

Copied and used by Gardenweb, Calamity. that would permit anyone else to pick them up. Silva, considering what is gooing on with that mosaic book stealing ppls images and posting false artist testimonies... it could be worse right? Can you see who admin's the site? server? because thats who you meed to threaten.

Bookmark   December 4, 2011 at 4:36PM
nanatricia

That just stinks.

Bookmark   December 4, 2011 at 9:06PM
nicethyme

don't ya hate when a typo causes you to say the opposite of what you meant!

Copied and used by Gardenweb, Calamity. that would'nt permit anyone else to pick them up.

I'm such a dOH!

Bookmark   December 4, 2011 at 9:22PM
EATREALFOOD

THAT GUITAR IS BEAUTIFUL !!!!

Bookmark   December 5, 2011 at 1:44AM
ingeorgia

there are ways to fight back ... this is stealing whether or not the person realizes it.

I would first send a message asking politely for them to either give me credit or delete the photo. If they don't respond then I would go ahead and file a complaint.
Hope you get it resolved !

Here is a link that might be useful: When someone steals your content

Bookmark   December 6, 2011 at 6:13PM
silvamae

Thank you, everyone. ingeorgia, thanks for the information and the link. I posted a second comment on their blog asking them again to remove my pictures and telling them that if they did not, I would report them to Google, so we'll see. Thanks again.

Bookmark   December 6, 2011 at 6:51PM
silvamae

I reported them today using the link that ingeorgia provided - - I commented twice on their blog and asked them to remove my content and they ignored me so we will see what happens ...

Bookmark   December 9, 2011 at 7:17PM
nicethyme

keep us posted Silva

Bookmark   December 9, 2011 at 7:26PM
silvamae

Wow, it worked! I did file the complaint using the link that ingeorgia told us about, and now my images are removed from that blog site. I was never contacted but I checked this morning and they are gone. Thank you! I am saving that link.

Bookmark   December 17, 2011 at 9:42AM
ingeorgia

You are very welcome ! I'm happy you got it resolved. Stealing is stealing and we shouldn't let anyone get away with it...too bad they wouldn't give you credit for your photo and beautiful work.
That would have been an easy solution but I guess if you are a thief then you really don't care about doing what is right.

Bookmark   December 17, 2011 at 11:59AM
nicethyme

That's great! glad you got it resolved!

Bookmark   December 17, 2011 at 4:59PM
More Discussions
Need grout colour suggestion.
I have been working on this project through the holidays...
tiffy_z5_6_can
I Quit!
I've decided not to continue with my mosaic business....
wishdish
Hi, I have been looking at this forum for a while now...
cajunlady68
Clock
Finished recently
wackyweeder
some mushrooms done
Hi, Here's some mushrooms that I made and mosaic'd....
lyndalu
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™