Latest Lite Blocks

becky_iaDecember 10, 2008

Been awhile since I have posted any projects, but I haven't been idle!

Here are some of the latest lite blocks made. Can't decide which is my favorite, although the red shoes are on the top of the list. This one goes to my daughter for Christmas to sit on her desk at work. I think she is going to love it.

What do you all think?

Becky

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
daisyme

Oh, my word! I can't choose. I love them all! Wow!

Bookmark   December 10, 2008 at 12:43PM
texaswild

Yep, BECKY, you have a knack for doing these blocks. I LOVE those red shoes. Your glass cutting is soooo to be admired. Wish I had patience to do that. Absolutely perfection - every one of them.

Bookmark   December 10, 2008 at 3:10PM
katishooked

Becky I love these blocks. Beautiful

Bookmark   December 10, 2008 at 8:05PM
cindiloo

Bravo! The red shoe one is awesome, but I think it would have to be that fish one with the cute border that's my favorite!

Bookmark   December 11, 2008 at 2:35AM
rchovey

Oh, Becky, they are all wonderful! The red shoes are fantastic... but so are the rest. Great job. I really like the bases you've put them on too. Very professional look. I don't have the patience for such perfection!

Bookmark   December 11, 2008 at 10:31AM
Calamity_J

LOVELY!!! And your DH makes those wood frames for you? You are just pumping stuff out!!! Those are pretty sexy shoes!!haha!

Bookmark   December 11, 2008 at 11:25AM
elephantear

Hi, Don't believe I've ever posted here before but just had to tell you people; yesterday my DSI and I went to Becky's 'Open House' sale (about a 1-1/2 hour drive from me) and I bought the adorable 'Leaf Block Lite' right now it's in a temporary place in my home and at night it just glows beautifully!!! after the holidays it will go on my antique writing desk, I really-really like it! and Becky with a big smile on her face was really busy keeping up with all of her sales. Seriously I don't how she parts with anything! Great Job Becky!!! -Wendy

Bookmark   December 14, 2008 at 2:30PM
becky_ia

Ah shucks Wendy....you just make me feel so nice inside! Thank you for coming to my Open House and for picking up the light block!

Had a wonderful sale yesterday! Lots of very excited people picking up Christmas presents and did lots of visiting with old friends and several new ones! Got orders for several gazing globes so will be trying to get at least one of them done before Christmas.

Becky

Bookmark   December 14, 2008 at 5:15PM
cait1

They are FANTASTIC!! But I love the shoes! Dorothy would be so touched!

Bookmark   December 15, 2008 at 8:56AM
elephantear

You are welcome Becky!
cait1, Yes the red shoe one was just darling, also the red hat one, also the shamrock one and the...well you get the point!lol Wendy

Bookmark   December 15, 2008 at 12:47PM
leveta

I'm not from this site. I heard about them on another site. They are BEAUTIFUL!!!!!You are sooo talented....

Bookmark   December 15, 2008 at 3:45PM
melvalena

I came here from the craft forum, someone posted a link to this thread. OH MY GOSH!!!! I love those!!!

I have to say, the red shoes one is perfection!!!
And those frames for them really finish them off!

Are you close to the Dallas/Ft Worth area???

/crossing fingers.

Bookmark   December 15, 2008 at 5:03PM
sorie6

I've never seen any as pretty as yours. You do beautiful work. What a talent you have. What do you use to glue the stained glass to the block. TFS.

Bookmark   December 15, 2008 at 10:42PM
becky_ia

Thank you! I do enjoy making them and enjoy seeing how happy they make people when they get one for themselves!

I just took more pictures of another batch I did. (I use a glass on glass glue-either mac glue or weldbond)

And no, I am sorry to say I am not close to Dallas/Ft. Worth although I do get there every so often as have relatives in Texas (Dallas & Georgetown). I live in the heartland...Iowa where we are getting ANOTHER snowstorm today and a bigger one headed our way for Thursday and Friday!

Bookmark   December 16, 2008 at 12:19PM
More Discussions
slow has slowed down (only temporarily thank you very much)
Using DD's laptop for this message. Slipped in workshop...
texaswild
Hi, I have been looking at this forum for a while now...
cajunlady68
Back Splash Mosaic
I made a mosaic to go with the back splash behind our...
brokenbitmosaics
"Footprints in the Sand" Mosaic
Artwork of footprints in sand usually accompanies the...
segrieb
acrylic sheet
Hello all I have dabbled in other media like oil and...
bicem
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™