3-piece Curtain Rod -- Making me crazy!

blakelrAugust 13, 2010

Okay, I know I have my moments...but how can I not be able to figure this out?! Help, please!!

I recently purchased two curtain rods that each come with three rod pieces and can extend up to 120 inches. The middle piece is nearly the same as the larger of the other rod pieces--on one end it is open (but not wide enough that it will fit over the bigger of the other two pieces) and the other end has a place to screw in a finnial. I have no clue as to how to get that middle piece to fit!

I don't think there is any part missing because the two packages all come with the same equipment. The instructions tell me how to mount it on the wall but not how to put it together. They're the Jaclyn Smith Decorative Rod Set, in case that makes a difference. I have looked online and I can't find any hints about how to do this. Please let me know if I can make the question any clearer, because I'm not sure if I explained it well.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
annfire

I just had this problem, and it took a lot of head banging before I finally figured it out. One of the rods that has the finnial already attached is actually the MIDDLE piece. Find the one that slips into the larger one. Take off that finnial, attach it to the extra rod piece. You should end up with 2 'outer rods' and the new 'middle' rod that will slip into both ends. Hope this works!

Bookmark   August 13, 2010 at 10:06PM
blakelr

Oh, jeez, seems like I should've been able to figure that out, right? lol -- thank you so much!

Bookmark   August 14, 2010 at 12:32AM
chick58

thanks, annfire!
I too was wracking my brain. I also wondered what to do with the extra parts that went inside the tube: I couldn't figure out how to use the screws. Once you said to detach the finials on the thinner rods and attach them to the thicker rods, I found answers to both my questions!

Bookmark   November 23, 2014 at 4:38PM
More Discussions
Hardwood floors and adjoining room, help please
We are sanding and staining the wood in our living...
jtaime2
House exterior - cedar siding alternative?
I love the look of horizontal cedar slats, and would...
juno_barks
what could make these sheers more modern?
The bamboo roman shade in one of these windows fell...
melle_sacto
Look in the mirror; take one accessory off
You've heard that axiom? I'm finding it relates also...
violetwest
Starting with a (mostly) blank slate--paint?
I've been reading Gardenweb for a couple years, but...
mosspiglet
Sponsored Products
Yosemite Home Decor Down Rods 12 in. Black Ceiling Fan Extension Downrod 12DRBL
$10.80 | Home Depot
Hook Free Vinyl Shower Curtain
Signature Hardware
Deco Fabric in Natural
$20.00 | FabricSeen
Serena & Lily Linen Stripe Window Panel
Serena & Lily
Arlee Home Fashions Harris Plaid Woven Rod Pocket 3 Piece Tier and Valance Set -
$24.99 | Hayneedle
Casablanca Down Rods Perma Lock 12 in. Onyx Bengal Extension Downrod 99221
$12.00 | Home Depot
Shower Curtain Artistic Stories From a Field ccxxx
$89.00 | DiaNoche
Marina Shower Rod Wall Flanges - Chrome
Signature Hardware
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™