Grout color help

swimbykerunNovember 11, 2010

I am sure people have posted similar posts needing or wanting advice so please bare with me. I am new to this mosaic thing and have taken on a rather large 1st project. I have already glued all the glass and I have no idea of what color grout to use. I am considering using about 6 or 7 different colors on different portions of the mosaic but I am not sure how that will look. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Maybe black for the whole thing??? I posted a picture of my mosaic.....

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
texaswild

Get outta town - first mosaic?????????!!!!!!!!! Looks like a professional job to me. Multiple colors w/probably be wonderful, if you want to put that much work into it. As for my style, I used different shades of grey. I mix Pearl Grey (from Lowes Mapie brand) for a very nice light grey, or mix in a little black to make varying shades of charcoal. It is a nice background and shows up the glass rather than the grout. Any color you use on this wonderful project w/be gorgeous. That is some kind of mosaicing for a beginner. Congratulations.

Bookmark   November 12, 2010 at 7:14AM
oldcrafty

WOW..........if that's your 1st and is soooooo fantastic I can hardly wait to see what you do next!!! It is just beautiful.

Bookmark   November 12, 2010 at 3:17PM
flagtruck

Please do not even cosider black. that would ruin it.
One light sand color as someone suggested and thn colorwash your blues, browns, etc,
Beautiful first mosaic. Good luck

Bookmark   November 14, 2010 at 2:06PM
silvamae

Well, I could swear that I answered this post several days ago. My answer's gone. Here goes again. That mosaic is wonderful! I can't believe it's your first one!! I use a pale pale brown on just about everything. It's a sand color. I am never please when I grout something white, and while I usually like black, in this case, I don't think it's a good idea. Please come back and post a pic.

Bookmark   November 14, 2010 at 7:18PM
More Discussions
new floral
small new piece, 6" x 6.5" I'm calling it...
nicethyme
Grout colorant
has anyone used these?? I went to lowes the other day...
gretch1964
Outdoor Tabletop
Okay, I know Silvamae talked about this but I can't...
loribee2
glass pattern for a cabinet door
Does anyone have a good website or pattern book for...
maryb116
Thrift Store Remake....
I thought it needed a little something extra.
brokenbitmosaics
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™