Can a timer run just the fan on a Panasonic Whisper Warm fan?

susanelewisJune 24, 2010

We have decided to replace a noisy Nutone bath fan with a Panasonic Whisper Warm fan. It is already wired for heat so it should be an easy swapout. However, we want to add a timer to the fan so that it turns off about 20-30 minutes after the shower has ended. Has anyone done this? The switches are really double stacked switches with Heat and Vent on the same side. Most timers are full switch timers. Do we have to add a third section (box) to accomodate a timer?

(Also posted in Bathroom Forum).

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
dim4fun

You can reconfigure the switches for the Panasonic as long as the new switches meet the requirements.

You could give up a feature, like the night light, and put the heat and main light on the other stack switch. If this isn't your main light source and you can dim something else in the room that is often the easy solution.

Bookmark   June 25, 2010 at 11:05AM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
susanelewis

This is a small bathroom with a shower and toilet. There is nothing else to dim! :-) The problem is that Panasonic uses a stupid fluorescent light so a Lutron Maestro product doesn't work. They have a countdown timer but not paired with a simple on-off switch (only dimmer which doesnt work with fluorescent.

Bookmark   June 25, 2010 at 3:56PM
More Discussions
Where to find power connectors for the LED under cabinet lights?
I bought a set of the GE/Jasco LED under cabinet lights...
flyingkite
How to get garage freezer to work in cold weather
I have a 7-year-old GE refrigerator/freezer in my unheated,...
amyf5
Doorbell goes off by itself.
Can anyone tell me why this would happen? It's a wired...
stu2900
Replacing fan speed dial back to standard toggle?
I am removing a ceiling fan and replacing it with a...
onkyokoi
Spa Capacitor question
My spa is wired for 220v. The pump motor is rated for...
pugmark
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™