painting ceramic tile

sorie6November 10, 2013

Help!!! I hate this tile!! We bought this house with this in it. I want to change the color. Any idea how to change it. I think it is just paint but wondering how to cover that awful red.
Also want to change the black cabinet eventually! Not sure what color. The wall color is kind of grey tanish!!
The orginial cabinets are Alder wood and beautiful. Why they would do this is beyond me!!
Thanks for any suggestions.

This post was edited by sorie6 on Mon, Nov 11, 13 at 21:51

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
lov_mkitchenIOWA zone 6b

I'm with you, kiddo! I'd mask everything off and spray paint it. And I'd go for the good stuff, not the dollar store paint. How much worse could it look?

Bookmark   November 10, 2013 at 10:00PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
Roberta.Madison

Hi Sorie6, hope you don't mind my jumping in. New here and hope to help... and oh my, that cabinet is hideous! I think you could get away with repainting the wood and tile some contemporary colors. Something like, let's see.. pigeon gray for the wood, with the trim painted white, to match the trim on the ceiling.. and then a speckled dirty-white finish for the tiles? I saw some tile paint sometime ago, which had a natural stone look when it dried. The name escapes me right now :-/ hope to get back to you on it... But I hope this idea helps.

This post was edited by Roberta.Madison on Mon, Nov 25, 13 at 21:16

Bookmark   November 25, 2013 at 9:15PM
More Discussions
I have been making some mirrors...
I am enjoying looking at all of your mosaics and I...
angs_pool
some mushrooms done
Hi, Here's some mushrooms that I made and mosaic'd....
lyndalu
Hi, I have been looking at this forum for a while now...
cajunlady68
What sort of grout for a birdbath?
I've mosaiced lots of stuff that lives outside but...
1wanderer
please help!!!!
hi! im trying to get into working with glass and i...
fpc3
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™