Current Projects with Pics

daisymeNovember 24, 2008

I started some projects for a Christmas show and am now THIS far! The first picture is a couple of my signature birdhouses (those with plate tess, stones and wood). The wood pieces aren't finished yet on them, but otherwise the houses are going to show as they sit as I don't have time to play with the tess as I'd like to do.

href="http://s244.photobucket.com/albums/gg2/daisyme/Misc%20To%20Send/?action=view¤t=JoanneEvansMosacis017.jpg" target="_blank">

Secondly, I've been working on a couple of fish projects... one is a whimsical birdhouse, and the other a 3-D fish that still needs to be grouted and otherwise finished.

I hope I can finish at least these to add to the others I have stashed away for the show!

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
nanatricia

Those are real cute !

Bookmark   November 24, 2008 at 9:18PM
silvamae

I love your birdhouses.

Bookmark   November 24, 2008 at 10:03PM
mermaidmosaics

Daisy,,your birdhouses are amazing, and the fish turned out just perfect, love it, plus the pairing of the birdhouse with fish was just brilliant!! you go girl

Bookmark   November 24, 2008 at 10:41PM
katishooked

Cool bird houses. The first too I think should be called bird condos. Birds should be waiting in line for residence. The fish bh is very whimsical. Like it. The fish, well, he's a keeper. Good job.

Kathy

Bookmark   November 25, 2008 at 6:55AM
meadel

I just love your birdhouses !
The fish ones are great !!

Bookmark   November 25, 2008 at 7:50AM
texaswild

OMYGOODNESS!!!!! Girlie, you are one talented artist. Of course your BHs are spectacular, but that fish is something else. The coloration is PERFECT. What a great idea on the birdhouse w/fish. You are sooooooooo talented.

Bookmark   November 25, 2008 at 8:34AM
texasfern

I love them all! The birdhouse with the fish is just too good.
What is hiding under that fish on a stick(no qm)

Bookmark   November 25, 2008 at 2:32PM
daisyme

Thank you all for taking time to comment on my recent projects. I hope you know how much that means to me. It's fun to branch out with some new ideas like the 3-D fish, and the fish through the house has been on my mind for over a year since I found him. I hope I'll have time to finish him properly for the show. The tess on him is really fragile or I'd pry it off and put it on some sanded "adhesive and grout" combination that would keep me from havng to grout him since it's going to play havoc trying to get grout off those ripply pieces. I've got a week to go after Thanksgiving, so here's hoping!

Bookmark   November 25, 2008 at 7:55PM
theeggshelllady

LOVE THE BIRD HOUSES!! I like the way you mix the plate pieces and stones - The fish birdhouse -Wow it is so cool. What a great idea! I just love your work. what lucky birds to get to live in one of these.

Bookmark   November 26, 2008 at 9:07AM
klinger

Wow those are all great projects.The fish are so cool, and also love the combo of stones and dishes. Hope you sell lots and have some fun at the sale.
Cindy

Bookmark   November 26, 2008 at 10:41AM
lovemosaics

Your stuff is so cute! I've never seen un grouted stuff look so good! You go girl!

Bookmark   November 28, 2008 at 2:40AM
More Discussions
acrylic sheet
Hello all I have dabbled in other media like oil and...
bicem
Grout colorant
has anyone used these?? I went to lowes the other day...
gretch1964
new floral
small new piece, 6" x 6.5" I'm calling it...
nicethyme
My last commission of 2014
A dear friend's sister commissioned me to make this...
silvamae
How to break crash glass?
I have some solid pieces of crash glass that I'd like...
phish_gw
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™