Have you ever bought furniture from Tuesday Morning?

marti8aAugust 10, 2014

I am looking for a couple of accent chairs and saw some today at Tuesday Morning that were pretty cheap.

It looks like this same chair on Overstock but for $99 each. The only problem is that there were only 2 and they were a color called linen which looked like a yellow/tan.

btw, these are chairs that may never be used except when mil comes to visit and wants to sit in a chair that is a little more comfortable than a dining table chair.

This post was edited by marti8a on Sun, Aug 10, 14 at 19:38

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
musicgal

Hi marti- I am a big fan of Tuesday Morning's and I usually buy my golf clothes there for a quarter of what I would pay in a pro shop. I've also bought smallish furniture/accent pieces.Things don't sell somewhere... and they end up at places like TM, or Marshall's or TJ Maxx. If the chairs are solid to sit in and you don't expect them to last like a $500 chair might, I say GO for it. That chair might have been used in a window display at some high end store. Don't let the stigma of a discount store scare you off. All the best.

Bookmark   August 10, 2014 at 9:35PM
patricianat

What music gal said, ditto.

Bookmark   August 11, 2014 at 1:23AM
celticmoon

I bought a pair of Hooker bedside tables with drawers about 5 years ago at Tuesday Morning. Excellent quality and a good price. No complaints.

Bookmark   August 11, 2014 at 11:50AM
bbstx

Sister and I were shopping at TM yesterday for niece's college apt. We noticed those chairs. We sat in them. I thought the back was quite firm. Sister pronounced it "hard as a rock." It didn't bother me as much as it did her. Have you been able to test drive them?

btw, these are chairs that may never be used except when mil comes to visit and wants to sit in a chair that is a little more comfortable than a dining table chair
I'm confused about using them for your MIL. Will she be using it at the table? Will it pull up with those arms? Will the seat be too low? too deep?

Bookmark   August 11, 2014 at 4:22PM
vasue

Another Tuesday Morning fan here. Haven't tried upholstered pieces (small local shop occassionally has chairs), but wouldn't hestitate if I liked something, especially for light duty use. Bought a pair of end tables there 16 years ago that still flank the LR sofa & look like new after all these years & much use. They're lift-top chests on legs, lined with felt with an interior removable tray, covered entirely with leather look (and it may be leather) in a map print on sepia with brass hardware. Snapped them up for $150? pair, thinking they could be replaced down the road if they didn't hold up. Later saw them in a Horchow or Gump's catalogue for $500+ each.

Bought a pair of lamps long time back for the shades. I'd seen the designer shades in lamp shops, and recognized the lamps with those shades were significantly less than the shades alone. Nice lamps, too, which were refitted with plain shades & still in use, as are the shades I bought them for on other lamps.

Then there's the heavy-duty 150' hose reel on wheels in a fancy cast iron design picked up years ago for $85 when plastic box versions were priced nearly that much. Still in daily use & left out year-round, did reoil the wooden handle some time back, but other than that it looks new, too. Frontgate sells a similar reel in aluminum for $350 minus the wheels.

Long way round of echoing others' understanding that their wares are closeouts, overstocks, discontinueds & previous season stuff at heavy discount for the quality. You're so considerate to be thinking of your MIL's comfort! If you like the chairs & think they'll work, try them out - they've a great return policy at least 60 if not 90 days. You may find you're still using them years later, too.

Bookmark   August 12, 2014 at 2:51PM
vasue

So - what did you decide?

Bookmark   August 24, 2014 at 10:49AM
More Discussions
School Medical exams - personal
My kids' schools require annual back to school physicals. What...
mtnrdredux_gw
What wall color with these woods?
Helping a friend on her bedroom. Right now the wall...
debrak_2008
Hardwood floors and adjoining room, help please
We are sanding and staining the wood in our living...
jtaime2
Fire glass for fire pits?
Hi everyone! We are doing a little project in our backyard....basically...
nini804
Anyone Dislike Their Memory Foam Mattress?
After 4-5yrs of having it DH and I looked at each other...
ttodd
Sponsored Products
Kichler Camerena 1 Light Mini Pendant - 7W in. Olde Bronze - 43230OZ
$60.00 | Hayneedle
Cerno Cubo Right-Hand Hardwire 9" Wide LED Wall Sconce
Lamps Plus
Blue & Ivory Welbourne Runner
$59.99 | zulily
Safavieh Indoor/Outdoor Area Rug: Safavieh Rugs Courtyard Brown/Bone 2 ft. x 3
$32.97 | Home Depot
Leucos | Fairy SC Suspension
$472.50 | YLighting