My Wiring Diagrams (4 Remodel Permit application). Any Feedback?

mudwormJune 25, 2011

I'm going to the Building Department (San Mateo County in CA) to apply for the kitchen remodel permit. I'm getting cross eyed after having been working on the diagrams and staring at the drawings. I wonder if I've missed anything. Any feedback will be appreciated.

Proposed Kitchen Layout

Proposed Appliance circuits

Proposed outlets (and circuits)

Proposed Lighting

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
hendricus

Did you go to their website to see what is required? Our building electrical division only requires a list of items, stove, oven, dishwasher, # of circuits and receptacles in multiples of 25.

Bookmark   June 25, 2011 at 9:43PM
mudworm

> # of circuits and receptacles in multiples of 25.
That sounds odd.

I searched for the detailed requirements from the county (we needed them because we are DIY'ing), but I could not find any. The information I get is mostly from going to the building department and talking to them. The problem with that is all the information is verbal and I only learn what I have asked about.

Bookmark   June 26, 2011 at 11:58AM
hendricus

http://www.ci.sanmateo.ca.us/index.aspx?NID=484

http://www.portagemi.gov/FilesCustom/HtmlEditor/Files/Community Development/Permits & Info Forms/Building Services/201012electper

You're right, they don't list anything. Call them up and tell them how many circuits you are planning and what they need in the way of information/forms to make that happen.

Bookmark   June 27, 2011 at 8:23PM
Billl

We are in the middle of a kitchen, bathroom, dining room, laundry room - total gut and remodel. Wanna guess how much detail I needed to provide? If you guesses "Just a list of the rooms", then you would be correct.

Obviously, you need some plans for yourself, but you should call them up and ask what detail they need before you do unnecessary work.

Bookmark   June 28, 2011 at 8:27AM
mudworm

Yeah, I did the planning partly for myself because I hope the plan checker at the building department can point out errors if I made any. Partly, I thought our requirements are pretty extensive, and I wanted to make sure I had everything they needed. I did! Today, I went to the county office. Within one hour, I got my permit. So exciting and scary (oh my gosh, we are committed)!

Here are the requirements for a kitchen remodel permit application in our county. I'm not complaining though and all the people in the office are all very friendly and helpful.

Bookmark   June 29, 2011 at 2:18PM
More Discussions
Light boxes on/in 6X8 timber floor joists for log home
Just trying to figure how to wire a couple light fixtures/chandelier...
yota_85
Doorbell goes off by itself.
Can anyone tell me why this would happen? It's a wired...
stu2900
Need help Replacing old dimmer that used only 2 wires in a three way
I need advice as to which wire to connect to which...
txmat
A/C wired to main panel only?
I had 2 electricians come out to bid upgrading my service...
frank_diy
Help with 240V 50A location
I'm trying to do a challenging kitchen layout. I will...
12crumbles
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™