Trim around bevel glass in front door needs replaced

phelansmomDecember 3, 2009

Our 100 year old front door needs to have the glass replaced plus the interior portion of the wood trim around the glass. Is this possible and if so is there a company I can contact. The glass we have access to, so it is just the trim we are interested in.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo

A photo sure would be helpful. If you have trim that holds the glass in place, it should be removable, however 100 year old wood could be easy to split in the process. Is there a company you can contact? I am sure there is.

    Bookmark   December 3, 2009 at 7:19PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo

You are looking for "glass bead", which was made in 3 standard shapes, several sizes of each shape, and of course countless custom shapes and sizes. There are still a few profiles of it available at "real" lumber yards, but if you need something else, or a hardwood, it will have to be custom made.

    Bookmark   December 4, 2009 at 8:34PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo

Might try

    Bookmark   December 9, 2009 at 6:53PM
Sign Up to comment
More Discussions
What is this wood? (Want to match)
When we bought our house we had the first floor floors...
How extensive does Cherry wood (Cabinet) darken ???
We plan to stain our cherry cabinet to burgundy/red...
species of window sill/molding?
I think this is my favorite window pic. Any idea what...
Refinishing oak furniture
I fell in love with a very large (11 feet long) piece...
Gel stain on stair treads and handrail?
I have read many of the inspirational posts in the...
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™