Favorite 'brown' paint colors?

bird_lover6August 24, 2010

I'm looking for a nice brownish color to paint my office, which is adjacent to Behr Pale Wheat in foyer (a very soft, creamy tannish gold) and SW Harmonic Tan (which looks greenish in my kitchen).

Brown or greenish brown would do nicely in my office, I think, but nothing too grey.

Any suggestions? I've tried a couple so far, but one looks like - well - it belongs in the toilet. I'm sure this has more to do with lighting than anything else.

I have PB ember drapes (Peyton, I think). It's a bright orange-ish, rust-ish color.

Thanks for any suggestions!

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
avesmor

I have SW Camelback in several areas. It's a great medium to light brown, depending on light. I used a few lighter shades from the same strip in my last house and opted to go the darker route this time. Wish I'd gone darker still. :)

Rust/burnt orange is my favorite color and I use it in almost every room -- the walls go great with it. I use a lot of greens and creams as well, and have adjoining rooms that are painted an earthy green.

Bookmark   August 25, 2010 at 1:17AM
bird_lover6

Thanks! I'll look for that one. :)

Bookmark   August 25, 2010 at 10:06AM
pps7

I have BM kingsport gray in my bedroom and love it!

Bookmark   August 26, 2010 at 1:00AM
mom2girls_2008

We have Behr Winter Wheat in our den and our dining room... we love it! It just may be a complement to your Behr Pale Wheat. Good luck!

Bookmark   August 26, 2010 at 2:29PM
thermsen

I have Camelback also. It's a pretty color with a touch of green tint when under incandescent lighting. I also have Behr Toffee Bar which is a beautiful brown. I get lots of compliments on it and it's perfect for an office, imo.

Bookmark   August 26, 2010 at 2:48PM
ttodd

PPS - I'd love to see a pic of the Kingsport Gray!

I really like Cabot Trail by BM. Always reminded me of a tall cool glass of chocolate milk!

Bookmark   August 26, 2010 at 6:52PM
pps7

Okay, here they are, but please don't judge. we just moved in last week, our bed hasn't arrived yet, we're missing light fixtures and need to find a rug and put up artwork.

In the evening:

During the day in bright sunlight:

Bookmark   August 26, 2010 at 7:57PM
bird_lover6

Thanks, everyone! I really like that Kingsport Gray.

Bookmark   August 26, 2010 at 8:04PM
babs711

SW Macadamia. It's a great nutty brown that comes out just perfect. It was our main living space color for a long time and people would compliment us on the color a lot. I almost thought it was odd for such a neutral shade to get so many compliments! But it was a nice shade!

Bookmark   August 26, 2010 at 8:05PM
More Discussions
Help coordinating an antique chandelier ?
\\Hello all! I'm working on lighting now...:) I have...
eesmerelda
It's me......
Hi Everybody. It's me. I'm a relatively longtime...
Karen Viscito Interiors
Would love your input on refreshing this exterior!
Hi all, I have some ideas, but I'm not in love with...
Kristin Jennings
My anniversary gift
Got a new piece of furniture the other day. Well sort...
the_foxes_pad
Red / burgundy accent wall?
Hi all! Would love your opinions on this ! My husband...
eesmerelda
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™