X-post from Bathrooms....GFCI on all?

itltrotJune 2, 2014

The electricians didn't read the job details very closely and instead of 2 outlets centered under the window we ended up with 4 spread out the length of the vanity (84" long). A little excessive but only having 1 outlet for years I can deal with have to many.

My question is do all 4 of these need to be GFCI outlets (they are all feed from 1 outlet). Or can I hide the GFCI in the corner and the rest be normal?

I want it to be to code but if I can save money without setting off any OCD alarms I'm all out saving towards the end of this remodel.

Only picture I have at the moment only shows 3 as the step ladder is hiding the last one. But it will give you an idea.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
Ron Natalie

They all have to be protected by GFCI. One GFCI can protect additional receptacles connected to it's load terminal. It's easy to test if they did this. Plug something into the other receptacles and then press TEST on the GFCI. It should shut off not only the GFCI receptacle but the others that are "downstream."

Bookmark   June 2, 2014 at 6:20PM
itltrot

I know they are all downstream from one. There are no recepticals as I haven't installed yet. Electrician has been released due to extreme overpricing.

Just verifying that all I have to have is one that will protect the rest.

Bookmark   June 2, 2014 at 6:39PM
Ron Natalie

If wired appropriately you can get by with one. Hopefully, the electrician before you canned him for his excessive prices and knowledge, has complied with the code for circuit sizing and not placing other unpermitted outlets on the circuit.

Bookmark   June 2, 2014 at 7:15PM
More Discussions
Insulation in electrical box
While in my attic the other day I saw an open electrical...
sgilliatt
Replacing fan speed dial back to standard toggle?
I am removing a ceiling fan and replacing it with a...
onkyokoi
ceiling fan, fan works but lights do not
I have 2 kids and one threw a toy that hit one of the...
katy_bug
Re-wiring range to service spa
what connectors are appropriate for joining 6-3 NMB...
justsomeotherdude
Motion sensor that doesn't click
I have a motion sensor very much like the picture attached...
drmeow3
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™