Does this sound like a wiring problem?
I use a double window fan in my bedroom on warm nights. Last night when I went to turn it on, I noticed a hot spot on an area of the controls. It hadnÃ¢ÂÂt been turned on for 16 hours or so, so it didnÃ¢ÂÂt seem right to me that it would be hot. Plus I'd never noticed that before. I decided to unplug it and use the A/C instead. I contacted the manufacturer this morning, but havenÃ¢ÂÂt heard back from them yet.
Meanwhile, I moved another fan (same model) into my room and plugged it in. I checked an hour later and found the same hot spot. Does this sound normal to you, or could I have a problem with my wiring?
I'm using a power strip for the fan and the small window air conditioner. Nothing else is plugged into the strip, and the two appliances are never turned on at the same time.
Thanks for your help.