stainless steel tiles?

soxxxxNovember 15, 2010

I bought about 5 square feet of stainless steel tiles at a garage sale. They are 2x2" on a mesh backed square foot piece. They may be cut into rows or cut individually. Actually each tile is a stainless steel cap glued on to a ceramic square.

After that long explanation my question is for ideas for how to use them. What other material would be compatable with the steel look?

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
soxxxx

Researched stainless tile - advised not to use outside even though it is frost resistant, and not for floors. So I am thinking that any project would have to be inside and vertical. Also the site said to use unsanded grout and plastic tools to prevent scratching. Maybe I bought a pig in a poke (whatever that really means).

Bookmark   November 15, 2010 at 8:13PM
silvamae

They would look good combined with vitreous glass tiles, natural tumbled stone, really a lot of things. I would still use sanded grout myself; I can't stand the unsanded grout. I have used sanded grout with mirror tile and have not had any problems. When I grout over mirror tile, I grout and clean gently. With tiles this large, it would be easy to cover the tile with that blue painter's tape that you can get at Lowe's before you grout.

Bookmark   November 18, 2010 at 7:55AM
jwmontecarlo

You could mix glass tile, stone or travertine tiles to create a mosaic blend

Bookmark   July 11, 2011 at 9:00AM
concretenprimroses

It would be good mixed with glass as a back splash, or as a modern mirror or picture frame.
Remember to post pics when you use them.
Kathy

Bookmark   July 23, 2011 at 5:50PM
More Discussions
Bonding mosaic tile to metal
Hoping for some advice here--planning a mosaic sign...
sheloolie
acrylic sheet
Hello all I have dabbled in other media like oil and...
bicem
glass pattern for a cabinet door
Does anyone have a good website or pattern book for...
maryb116
My last commission of 2014
A dear friend's sister commissioned me to make this...
silvamae
Grout colorant
has anyone used these?? I went to lowes the other day...
gretch1964
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™