Katrina's Bench

texaswildNovember 3, 2011

Hope to graduate my student on Saturday. She finished sculpting the bench yesterday, and the next session w/be the mortaring technique. After I show her that one just two of the legs, she'll take it home to finish. It's much too heavy to work on my table, and taking it home w/give her more time to play w/it. She is so talented, I can hardly wait to see her mosaics. The female side w/have three eyes, Hindu style. I can just see a Petunia growing out of the trunk opening. She was imagining a water feature, and the trunk as the spout - feet standing in a pond for the basin. Her imagination is a delight to see unfold.

Student's work

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
Calamity_J

WoW! H.U.G.E.!!!! Very Cool looking! I hope she will post more WIP pics...you gotta tell her that that is part of: The Slowmedown School of Art Creation!!!

Bookmark   November 3, 2011 at 6:04PM
texaswild

She's not a member - I took the picture, and w/keep y'all informed. As she makes progress, I'm sure she'll email me the results. I'll send her a link to the GW and see if she is interested in joining.

Bookmark   November 3, 2011 at 7:03PM
kateratagan

Hello! I made it to membership!!!! Thanks for the feedback!! Betty is such a wonderful instructor!!! Looking forward to completing the class, but Betty i do hope you and i can still have a mosaic session or two.

Bookmark   November 6, 2011 at 9:11AM
texaswild

DUH!!!

Bookmark   November 6, 2011 at 10:29AM
nicethyme

LOL welcome Kateratagen! this is really fantastic, lucky you for getting such an awesome teacher!

Bookmark   November 6, 2011 at 10:45AM
Calamity_J

WhooHoo! Add another one to the Garden Web Ranks!!! YES! What a great start too! Welome and hope you post some "Work in Progress" pictures! We LOVE that!

Bookmark   November 6, 2011 at 1:57PM
emtnest

Awesome project! And, welcome to GW! Slow is the best!!!

Bookmark   November 7, 2011 at 4:51PM
texaswild

We got the legs and small upper parts of the heads done yesterday - one bag of mortar mix. Nameless w/be moved to it's home over the weekend. I'm gonna miss seeing the progress - boo hoo, so w/depend on pictures here to keep us up to date.

Bookmark   November 8, 2011 at 6:41AM
nicethyme

that sounds like a petty strong hint Kateratagen

Bookmark   November 8, 2011 at 7:45AM
oldcrafty

OHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH what a project....and to have Slow working with you is to drool over! Please post pics of your progress and welcome aboard!

Bookmark   November 8, 2011 at 11:45AM
More Discussions
Grout colorant
has anyone used these?? I went to lowes the other day...
gretch1964
Need grout colour suggestion.
I have been working on this project through the holidays...
tiffy_z5_6_can
Bonding mosaic tile to metal
Hoping for some advice here--planning a mosaic sign...
sheloolie
"Footprints in the Sand" Mosaic
Artwork of footprints in sand usually accompanies the...
segrieb
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™