Here Fishy Fishy

oldcraftyNovember 10, 2013

Another piece I am working on.

It's a GOG and is really testing me! I have tried multiple colors to use to fill in now and nothing seems to work. Blues are totally out.....looks awful! Besides catfish are bottom feeders in lakes and rivers and that water is no where near blue. Greens makes the fish disappear.... I had one lady suggest black. Opinions please! I have to finish the fins yet and I am not happy with my grasses but at this point they have to stay as the glue is mighty tight! For someone that has been scared to tackle designs I have jumped off and got both feet wet .....and so much for starting with something simple. I asked several local people that do mosaics for a suggestion on how to do a fish and how to start. They said they would not attempt the picture I was showing them that I wanted to do. So all you pros.....have I started the right way or can you tell me what I might want to do differently next project. By the way it will not be hung so that light will go thru it, it will be framed and hang against the wall.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
Imhappy&Iknowit IOWA zone 6b

Maybe a light, light orange/rust?

Bookmark   November 10, 2013 at 10:03PM
silvamae

I vote for black, perhaps shading to something lighter near the top. Excellent fish!

Bookmark   November 11, 2013 at 8:38AM
oldcrafty

I like the shading lighter idea....never thought of that and that is exactly why I knew I needed to ask on this forum. Thanks

Bookmark   November 11, 2013 at 10:10AM
wackyweeder

I think he looks fantastic. You might maybe look at a very light shade of the tan you have at the bottom in a wispy shade with white swirled in...Black or gray would be very dramatic, I would like that too.

Bookmark   November 11, 2013 at 7:47PM
becky_ia

There are many light colors of stain glass and even a clear with texture to make it look like water.

Bookmark   November 12, 2013 at 3:16AM
texaswild

Great job on the fish, CRAFTY. You're on a roll. I knew this would happen, once you got over your fear. Let me tell you - your addiction is gonna get much worse. Stay w/it, you'll figure it out.

Bookmark   November 12, 2013 at 9:05AM
More Discussions
slow has slowed down (only temporarily thank you very much)
Using DD's laptop for this message. Slipped in workshop...
texaswild
Gold Kinky Boots
Now I'm blinging out the master bath. My poor hubby...
brokenbitmosaics
bees
did I share this here? Yggdrasil and the Divine Intoxicant...
nicethyme
Need grout colour suggestion.
I have been working on this project through the holidays...
tiffy_z5_6_can
"Footprints in the Sand" Mosaic
Artwork of footprints in sand usually accompanies the...
segrieb
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™