Advice needed - hard maple cabinets and wood fireplace insert

country_smileNovember 7, 2009

I posted this question on the Kitchen Forum and someone suggested that I ask on this forum . . .

Both our GC and cabinet maker advised us to purchase a humidifier because in the adjacent room to our newly remodeled kitchen we installed a new wood insert (Blaze King Princess) that we'll use to heat our home. They were concerned that the wood insert would dry the air too much and possibly cause damage to our new hard maple cabinets. What type of humidifier do you suggest and where should it be located? Do you have any helpful tips on maintaining the correct amount of humidity in a house?

Here is a picture taken during the middle of remodeling that shows the close proximity of the fireplace to the kitchen.

Any help or advice you could give me concerning this matter would be greatly appreciated!

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo

Since there have been no replies to your message to date, I would suggest that you google humidifiers, find a manufacturer that has a customer service phone number and call them. That is, if you can't find a source for information locally.

    Bookmark   November 24, 2009 at 5:57PM
Sign Up to comment
More Discussions
Anyone have experience with Charles Neil's Preconditioner?
I just ordered it and am wondering if anyone has used...
paint or restain moldings
I have a 28 year old view home with dark bronze aluminum...
newbie veneer terminology question
My house has hollow slab doors veneered with luaun...
Fori is not pleased
Right size tip-out tray for kitchen sink cabinet
My kitchen sink cabinet is 24" wide. I want to...
Finish for cedar window box
I'm fairly new at woodworking. I just completed a cedar...
Sponsored Products
Reversible Leaf Print Down-Alternative Comforter Set
$49.99 | zulily
Camden Wood Bookcase/China Cabinet - Cream - 920-588
Furniture of America 2-piece Dresser and Mirror Set
19" Massey Vanity Cabinet with Vessel Sink and Mirror
Signature Hardware
Warder Black 18 x 18 Patterned Throw Pillow
$57.95 | Bellacor
Polished Chrome One-Light Mini Pendant with Clear Glass with Frosted Insert
$194.00 | Bellacor
Sterling Industries 136-005 Gloss Black Cabinet w/ Covex Mirror
Beyond Stores
Mirage Recessed Medicine Cabinet
Signature Hardware
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™