Leaded Glass from Old Windows

SK97232November 10, 2012

Earlier this year my husband and in finished making 10 leaded glass panels for our 1912 Craftsman home. There were some existing panels when we bought the house, but about half of them were broken, so we decided to make a slightly fancier, but still period design.

The best part, I think, is that but for the leading and the beveled glass squares, they were made from old wavy glass windows!

This was our first leaded glass project and we're really happy with how they turned out. And now we're looking around the house trying to figure out what else we can make. =)

Here is a link that might be useful: Laurelhurst Craftsman

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
Shades_of_idaho

This turned out Beautiful.The old wavy glass is so cool. I have not learned how to do this yet but I did buy out a stained glass artist of all his tools so some day when I get the courage I am going to give it a try. He had lots of bevels and maybe I should just try foiling a few and putting them together to see how it goes. AFTER I finish project 190473-22 on my list of mosaics.

Bookmark   November 10, 2012 at 2:04PM
silvamae

SK, your windows turned out beautifully. I just spent an interesting half-hour or so reading your blog. Lovely! I love your views on living thrifty and y'all are doing a wonderfull job on that house.

Bookmark   November 10, 2012 at 2:42PM
toomuchglass

You did a beautiful job! I have the exact same china cabinet in my dining room , but only one set. All the woodwork matches ,too . This house was made in 1920 ,and it's all original . Having these old doors show such character in a house . I love yours !!

Bookmark   November 10, 2012 at 4:18PM
loribee2

Your house is beautiful! I grew up in Southwest Portland then Hillsboro. If I could ever be coaxed away from sunny California, it would be for a bungalow in Southeast Portland. Such a beautiful area. You've done an amazing job on your home and your glass project looks like a professional did it for you. Great job!

Bookmark   November 10, 2012 at 4:27PM
texaswild

GOOD HEAVENS!!!!!!!!!! That's an absolutely fabulous, professional job. Wooooooooooweeeee - what a project. Congratulations - take a deep bow.

Bookmark   November 10, 2012 at 4:37PM
nanatricia

WOW!!!! very pretty!!!

Bookmark   November 10, 2012 at 8:42PM
drtdgr

It always amazes me how much hard work and time people take to restore historical homes. Yours is fantastic. Congratulations on your lovely home and being on the tour! Susan

Bookmark   November 10, 2012 at 10:45PM
Calamity_J

Kudos to You and Hubby!!! What a great job and Blog too!! Those lampwork beads are Gorgeous!!!!

Bookmark   November 10, 2012 at 11:07PM
More Discussions
Hello!
Hi everyone! I haven't been here in a really long time....
eggshelllady
Wonder Horse... getting started!
A couple weeks ago I introduced myself to you all and...
solstice98
What would you charge?
This is a rough draft of a piece I'm thinking about...
loribee2
Grout colorant
has anyone used these?? I went to lowes the other day...
gretch1964
slow has slowed down (only temporarily thank you very much)
Using DD's laptop for this message. Slipped in workshop...
texaswild
Sponsored Products
Duchess Circles Rod Pocket 108-inch Panel
Overstock.com
Let's Play Ball Window Valance
Overstock.com
Chooty and Co. Retro Rides with Shaggy Rides Cuff Christmas Stocking Multicolor
$42.99 | Hayneedle
Housewarming Cleaning Set
$39.99 | zulily
Levolor Mark I 1-inch 8-Gauge Metal Blinds
Blindsgalore