Looking for opinions on Peachtree doors

dryslickDecember 16, 2009

IÂm looking for an exterior front door that will have a colonial grille (four rectangular openings at top of door) and 7/8" SDL with spacer bar. We may add sidelites as well. Turns out, that Peachtree offers this and I donÂt see this option from other vendor web sites as I expected.

I do not have experience with Peachtree but I don't have the impression that it is a very reliable brand. Am I misinformed or is that the reputation it has in the industry? Does anyone have opinions or experience with Peachtree doors? While it seems to offer the features IÂm interested in, I donÂt want a product that has a high risk of problems or premature failure.

SDL described on the PDFÂs page 7 (printed page 14):

http://www.peachtreedoor.com/_asset/PDFS/PT_EDS_Brochure_8-16.pdf

Note: My first general posting asking for door recommendations was ÂFiberglass entry door window grill questionsÂ.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
afsa

I personally think you would be fine with a Peachtree fiberglass Door unit. Put a storm door on it, make sure it is under an overhang and have it properly installed and keep the frame well painted with a quality exterior latex paint over a quality oil based primer(only way to fly as far as i am concerned).If you were speaking of Peachtree windows I would say run for the hills.

Bookmark   December 17, 2009 at 11:52AM
sheritana

I purchased two 3-0 french and one 6-0 french slider (very heavy) from Lowes. They were installed normally and have been in for 3 months now no problems. You might wish to get your order completely ready and wait for an occasional sale, which may last for only a few days. Also some realtors are able to get you a 10 % off coupon from lowes using their lowes realtor referral program.

Bookmark   December 26, 2009 at 7:37PM
afsa

Personally i would never buy windows, doors or entry doors from Lowes or HD, when i cannot find someone who can help with basic items i doubt there are many who know millwork.

Bookmark   December 27, 2009 at 1:03PM
More Discussions
Window Decision Time
Hi all, First, let me thank all of you for the information...
Chris
Kitchen Sliding Patio Door
Hi everyone! My slider is junky and the frame around...
LSSF
Install expectations?
just had windows installed and before I complain to...
rosebay
Pella Slider
We have a Pella slider that was installed in early...
hopesprings_gw
Replace or Repair?
We are about to purchase a home outside Columbus, OH...
jackrh97
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™