Bookcase rails/supports

exodioNovember 25, 2007

I need help finding a part for my bookcases - it is like a shelf peg for resting shelves on, but it is a rail that connects into the front hole and back hole horizontally on each side of the bookcase, and the shelf actually slides onto the rail. The shelves have grooves cut into the sides to accommodate the rail. I have found a huge amount of pegs for sale, but I can't seem to find a rail.

Any ideas? I have tried searching rail, bracket, bar, beam, pegs, sliding shelf, etc.


Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo

Good luck.
I have not seen them for sale as loose items in the past 2-3 years.
I usually have to bend them up if one is missing.

    Bookmark   November 25, 2007 at 11:49AM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo

Lee Valley has them in the Shelf Support section of their hardware catalog, as "wire" or "hidden" supports.

    Bookmark   November 25, 2007 at 5:44PM
Sign Up to comment
More Discussions
Finish for cedar window box
I'm fairly new at woodworking. I just completed a cedar...
Advice on finishing outdoor cypress mantel
Hello all, I have a wood finishing dilemma. I have...
Jack Mason
Woodworking tools
If you're in search of high-quality woodworking tools,...
protecting black walnut salt and pepper mill
Hi all, Just got a set of gorgeous discontinued William...
Fence building Question
I'm building a board on board redwood fence. 1 x 8...
Sponsored Products
Tabitha Fireplace with Bookcases
Home Decorators Collection
Real Simple Bronze Plug-In Swing Arm Wall Lamp
Lamps Plus
Josephina 5 Piece Large Center Wall Unit
Ballard Designs
Sandusky Bookcases Mobile 5-Shelf Steel Bookcase in Red BM40361872-01
Home Depot
Folding Tepee Bookshelf
| Dot & Bo
Benton Large etagere
Ballard Designs
Everett Espresso Twin Bookcase Headboard
Jackson Executive Bookcase - Black
Zuri Furniture
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™