HELP...I need to switch this 1/3 hp motor over to 110V from 220V

bobnoxiousJune 21, 2013

Hi.......I need to switch this 1/3 hp motor over to 110V from the current 220 setting this is done by switching around the wires in this box....one terminal the one with blk wire has 2 empty blade connections and the yellow/blk stripe connection has one blade available........ knowing that connections 1 and 2 (blk. & wht.) are for the power feed and green is ground where do I move the other wires I believe one wire either red or white gets moved to the blk. connector which has the 2 blades available.
I'm Lost
Bob

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
bus_driver

Motors of this low hp rating often are not multiple voltage. Have you looked at the nameplate or at the back side of the cover that you removed for the photos? The diagram, if any, is often there. If the nameplate is marked 120/240 or similar, the motor is dual voltage. If the nameplate is marked as 120 volts, it is unlikely that converting it to 240 volts can be done without major modifications by an electrical motor shop.

Bookmark   June 21, 2013 at 11:05AM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
bobnoxious

HI
Thanks for the reply âÂÂtrial & errorâ solved the mystery when u got no wiring dia. turns out the wht. & red terminal is the decider white to blk. and line white boom 110 volts full rpm IâÂÂm happy Guy
Noxious

Bookmark   June 21, 2013 at 12:51PM
More Discussions
A/C wired to main panel only?
I had 2 electricians come out to bid upgrading my service...
frank_diy
Replacing fan speed dial back to standard toggle?
I am removing a ceiling fan and replacing it with a...
onkyokoi
Re-wiring range to service spa
what connectors are appropriate for joining 6-3 NMB...
justsomeotherdude
Light boxes on/in 6X8 timber floor joists for log home
Just trying to figure how to wire a couple light fixtures/chandelier...
yota_85
Well this sucks
Just when you thought the idiot popup ads in the gardenweb...
Ron Natalie
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™