2 new projects

cathyscacheNovember 7, 2011

It has snowed over 2 1/2 ft the last few days here, so I have been shoveling, plowing and blowing snow endlessly it seems. But still have managed to start a couple more projects. a large vase (xmas gift) and my shop bathroom needed a re-do. Kinda a mens BR (urnial and toilet)so it's gonna have rocks on the bottom and I think a fish border, still deciding. Am anxious for the snow to stop so I can work full time on the wall..

Here is a link that might be useful: bathroom wall & large vase

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
nicethyme

geez that wall is a massive undertaking! impressive

Bookmark   November 7, 2011 at 1:38PM
emtnest

Well Cathy you always have such great projects...love it!!

Bookmark   November 7, 2011 at 4:45PM
nanatricia

Looking very good!!!

Bookmark   November 7, 2011 at 9:15PM
Calamity_J

WOW! That is such a lot of snow!brrrr! How cool to do a bathroom wall! I guess I better think of Christmas gifts soon too! The days are just flying by! How big is that vase?

Bookmark   November 8, 2011 at 12:54AM
texaswild

Gulp - a whole bathroom wall??? All I can think about is getting into position to adhere all those rocks. Or, are you putting them on mesh first, then applying to the wall? On second thought, I have done walls outside, so a small bathroom wall isn't too much when you're young and agile. Go for it - the design sounds good.

Bookmark   November 8, 2011 at 6:36AM
cathyscache

3 sides of vase done..1st wall almost done. Had to plow and shovel again yesterday or probably wud have finsihed both. It has finally quit snowing and now it's COLD..was 0 @ 6:00am. My 10ys grandson woke up vomiting last nite and we were up better part of the nite (flu) so probably won't get much done today, we'll see. Things keep getting in my way of progress. CALAM the vase is 18 high and 7 wide..I'm thinking tall pussy willows wud look good in it. I guess I will try to put my idea for the upper part , (still thinking fish) on paper today.

Here is a link that might be useful:

Bookmark   November 8, 2011 at 1:22PM
More Discussions
some mushrooms done
Hi, Here's some mushrooms that I made and mosaic'd....
lyndalu
My last commission of 2014
A dear friend's sister commissioned me to make this...
silvamae
Dog portrait
this is a commission, I opted to complete the background...
nicethyme
Bonding mosaic tile to metal
Hoping for some advice here--planning a mosaic sign...
sheloolie
Outdoor Tabletop
Okay, I know Silvamae talked about this but I can't...
loribee2
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™