Replacement Patio Door

mav3481December 1, 2010

Hello all,

I've read a bunch on the website and finally decided to join.

First of all, some basic information:

Home: 1 Story Ranch with 6 windows and 2 on Garage.

Patio Doors: 1 from Dining/Living room to Deck and 1 from Master BR to Deck - Both sliding glass doors.

I've purchased 4 replacement Gorell 5300 Windows to have installed before 12/31 (2 DH Triple Pane and 2 Slider Triple Pane). I hadn't read a poor review on these windows other than there was a manufacturing problem at one point that has since been resolved.

I've got two other windows in a dining room that will need to be replaced but that will not happen right now as finances are not in place to do that. I will probably stick with the same windows for those since I already have 4 that will be Gorell 5300 series.

I need to get some recommendations for replacement doors for my Sliding Patio doors. I *hate* sliding glass doors. I have plenty of room in my Dining/Living area for a double in-swing French Door. I would only prefer a right hand swinging door in my bedroom. Any idea what brands I should look for?

Also, anyone have an estimated price for this?

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
skydawggy

The best French door on the market is made by Provia IMO. They offer both steel and fiberglass. I just ordered 2 Provia Entry Doors and a storm door for my own house. They aren't cheap but quality never is.

Bookmark   December 1, 2010 at 4:06PM
mav3481

That's funny that you said that skydawggy. The company I am using to put in my windows (Amazing Siding and Windows of STL) also installs the Provia windows. He said it would be smart to budget about $4k (probably less) per opening to have the doors installed..etc.

Agree?

Bookmark   December 1, 2010 at 4:20PM
skydawggy

Depending on what options you select, that sounds like it's in the ballpark.

Bookmark   December 1, 2010 at 5:35PM
More Discussions
incorporating old leaded glass in new casement windows
We own a home with large leaded glass windows (21)...
prospect
Marvin Integrity/Sherwin Williams
Hi Not sure if this has been posted before but this...
sheila512
Modern Windows
Can anyone suggest an affordable modern window? Thanks!...
shorty
Pros please help differentiate between two window manufacturers...
Hello, we are the midst of a new construction build...
rebph
Marvin Ultimate double hung or casement
I am replacing some rotting windows and am installing...
salbwil
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™