Carpet Runner Removal

amd111October 31, 2008

How hard is it to remove the carpet runner from the stairs? Is it gonna damage the stairs?

We have two small kids, so we want to put the carpet runner on the stairs in the new house. Once the kids are bigger, we'd like to take it off, but we're not sure how the stairs will look then (staples marks/lighter areas under the carpet and darker on the sides)

Any info would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
lindac

I think that carpeted stairs are so much safer than uncarpeted, I would never consider removing the carpeting.
There was about a 6 week period of time a few years back when I was without carpeting on the stairs...I was between carpets so to speak...I had all the carpet pulled up and I was "living with it" before deciding on what to re carpet.
The stairs won....and only the stairs. The up stairs hall is carpeted....and now so are the stairs. but everything else is not.
Carpeted stairs are safer and a lot quieter.
Linda C

Bookmark   October 31, 2008 at 10:32PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
dadams14

I need advice please. My stairs open on the left and a wall on the right , the treads are oak and covered 90 % with carpet. We would like to remove the carpet exposing the oak tread, But I can feel a gap on the wall side that would look unfinshed , Why the builder did this, I don't know. What can I do?. Molding would work for the wall but not around the nose of the tread..

Bookmark   September 15, 2013 at 12:09PM
More Discussions
Need help with staining alder cabinets
Can someone share with me the right way to stain the...
aktillery9
Rejuvenating Bedroom Furniture Finish
My DH (he was a custom cabinet maker for many years)...
malna
Fixing Nail Polish Remover Damage on a Solid Walnut Table
I need to fix some damage from nail polish remover...
alaurenb
Finish for mantle
We had someone make a mantle from pine and while it's...
Jennifer White Green
Anyone have experience with Charles Neil's Preconditioner?
I just ordered it and am wondering if anyone has used...
aktillery9
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™