Circuit not working except for one outlet and breaker not tripped
This morning I found one of the outlets in the living room stopped working. The other outlets in the living room are working fine. Assuming that the failed outlet is on the same circuit as the other outlets, I concluded it as an outlet failure and replaced with a new one, but still not working.
Then I noticed that some of the lights are not working either and realized that the failed outlet in the living room is actually on a different circuit. On that circuit, I have
(1) one outlet in the living room
(2) front entry lights (one inside, one outside)
(3) guest bathroom lights, one GFCI outlet
(4) master bathroom GFCI outlet
(5) three outlets in the master bedroom
(6) one outlet in the guest bedroom
(The wiring is quite weird in this house)
I see two interesting things.
- everything listed above fails except for (6). (There is one outlet in (5) which is hidden behind a big piece of furniture, so I couldn't try it)
- the breaker for the circuit has never been tripped.
I reset the breaker for that circuit multiple times, but no changes. I haven't tried to shut down the whole house yet.
What could be potential causes and how can I fix? I am a real newbie in this area so I'd appreciate any help.
Thanks in advance.