New Window Installation

bobbytablesDecember 18, 2012

We recently built a new house and after living in it for awhile we realized we wish we would have had a small window installed in our entry way near the front door. How much would it cost to have a new window installed? Another option could be to add a sidelight window next to the door. How much would this option be? Thank you for your help.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
millworkman

Absolutely no way anyone can give you any sort of an idea from the info your providing.

Bookmark   December 18, 2012 at 12:06PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
HomeSealed

+1. Very hard to say... What I can say, is that it would not be very easy (and probably not to appealing) to add a sidelight to the existing entry door that is already installed. What style door do you have? If you are just looking for additional light, you could consider a door with more glass.... Otherwise a window "cut-in" to the foyer area might be the best option. With no further info, a total ballpark number on what something like that would cost from a reputable company would be a BARE minimum of $1k-$1500 or so, but likely more. Considerations include: material, size, and options of window, type of construction, exterior cladding type, any electrical plumbing or hvac in the way, etc, etc.

Bookmark   December 18, 2012 at 12:28PM
More Discussions
Which LoE coating ?
New construction. House located in Knoxville, Tennessee Front...
buildinse
Softlite Elements windows quote reasonable?
We're in MA. We've been quoted $13,300 for installing...
ppurus
Need reassurance! Pella windows not a bad decision?
My house currently has 4 kinds of windows - contractor's...
Lrw2a
Window in a shower?
We are planning a remodel of our second floor master...
numbersjunkie
Milgard SunCoat vs SunCoat Max vs I89
We're getting ready to remodel our kitchen and DR,...
lisa_a
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™