'Radio' Outlet

evelyn_aMay 25, 2010

I have an outlet in our formal living room that is a brass plate and the plug part says 'radio' What kind of radio would this have been for?

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo

I have a picture too

    Bookmark   May 25, 2010 at 9:46PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo

Please post a picture of the plate. Also, do you know what year the house was built and what area of the country are you in?

    Bookmark   May 25, 2010 at 10:04PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo

It was most likely an antenna connection for a radio.

    Bookmark   May 26, 2010 at 8:20AM
Sign Up to comment
More Discussions
Inspection Report
Had a gorgeous 1909 house inspected yesterday and don't...
Goodbye Phone Jack: what to do with wires?
We want to remove this phone jack. It's in a useless...
Troubleshooting Kohler 12RES Problem
I have a Kohler 12RES generator with an RDT 100 Amp...
Badly done multi-wire circuits (previous owner strikes again..)
I bought a 1940-ish house last year, for which the...
Two fans on same circuit in different rooms, can't get wiring right
So here's the situation. I have two ceiling fan/lights...
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™