Accidently cutting a cord while it is still plugged in
so today i was getting rid of this really old huge lamp that doesn't work and is broken in half with the cord still running through the two pieces, so i thought to myself, why won't i just cut the cord in half to make it easier for me to throw away, here is where my stupidity comes in. I didn't know that the lamp was still plugged in since it doesn't work anymore, so i cut it in half and a flash of light came out of the broken end of the wire that is still connected to the wall, which knocked the power out to some of the wall outlets. So what i did was go to the breaker and flip the switch to turn off the electricity and i turned it back on. Everything is back to working now, even the plug that the lamp was plugged in works, but should i be worried about any poisonous gases (Carbon monoxide)?. Help would be appreciated.