older craftsman woodworking router

junior_1951October 5, 2009

I have an older craftsman router model #315.17492 with a 1/4" collet.Can I change it to a 1/2" collet?If I can how do I order one?

Thank you


Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo

I don't think there is a conversion for those routers. That may be one of the fairly common self adjusting routers. I had one once. It self adjusted twice, ruining the piece each time. It was easy to throw and broke into several pieces.

There are lots of inexpensive routers out there with 1/2" collets---Porter Cable, Freud, etc.

Do your self a favor and get one of those instead.

    Bookmark   October 5, 2009 at 2:25PM
Sign Up to comment
More Discussions
Planing weathered/near rotted lumber?
I was just curious if it's OK to run some old, very...
Walnut Veneer Issues
Hi, I'd so greatly appreciate your help in identifying...
are these cabinets discolored from cigarettes?
Not sure if this was a refacing gone bad, or nicotine...
How to tell treated vs. untreated wood?
Can anyone tell me if there's a way to distinguish...
Table saw for hobby work.
I searched this question on here and I did find a few...
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™