Marvin Integrity Patio vs French Sliders

jasperdogNovember 22, 2011

We are renovating (essentially new construction) and will be putting in one triple and 2 double sliders. Our windows will be Integrity All-Ultrex. The Integrity French sliders only come in the Wood-Ultrex, but it was recommended to me that the French sliders work much better than the Patio sliders. Anyone have any thoughts about Integrity Patio vs French sliders? Can we use the Infinity French sliders for new construction? We would like to stick with the All-Ultrex, but want to avoid the Integrity All-Ultrex Patio slider if it doesn't work as well.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
millworkman

I strongly believe if Integrity had a sliding door that did not operate well and was a design flaw that Marvin would have addressed and changed the unit. It is possible that they recommending party has a defective unit or more likely it is an installation issue. I would have no qualms about using the All Ultrex Sliding door myself.

Bookmark   November 23, 2011 at 8:01AM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
jasperdog

I don't think they consider the door defective, just that they like how the French door slides better and the French door is not available in the Integrity All-Ultrex. The person making the recommendation is a Marvin salesman. I can't imagine it would particularly matter to him which door we buy, just his opinion.

Bookmark   November 23, 2011 at 10:58AM
More Discussions
Plantation Shutters Pros/Cons, need advice
Hi, I'm new to this website and owning a home so forgive...
rehsanipoor
Windows E-store windows (ECOXtreme)
We are looking at several new construction windows...
Jennifer
Best Window for Seasonal Cabin
I am building a small cabin in northeast Wisconsin...
mjlambert08
Modern Windows
Can anyone suggest an affordable modern window? Thanks!...
shorty
Thinking about installing Jeld-Wen Premium Vinyl Windows...
My husband and I are looking into getting Low E vinyl...
LittleHouseotPrairie
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™