Scroll Saw Turtle Pattern

big_deckOctober 30, 2013

Now that the Big_Desk is completed and in use, I have graduated from Big_Deck's to a 'significant' interest in garden turtles!

I have seen these two similar works of art and am interested in taking the 'frame' from the one on the left and using the 'body' of the one (two, actually) on the right - and making a Scroll Saw pattern and making it a winter project.

I am going to try to find a small (10x12 or so) sheet of white Lexan and having a go at it! From prior experience I will probably need Several sheets before I get it right.

The intention is to attach the final outcome to one of the posts that lead onto our Big_Deck and I will figure out the mounting problem when I get there.

The first step is to try to find a pattern that has either the turtle in either of the two shown - I can live with either, but I am having no success in the search.

Anyone seen one or know where I might find one?

Thanks!

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
big_deck

As a follow-up, here is my first completed project - base board is 4' X 8' sheet of plywood. All other pieces are from 1X PT deck pine and colors provided as samples from One-Time deck stain.

Bookmark   October 30, 2013 at 12:19PM
More Discussions
Differences in Wood Stains?
I went to purchase some stain to refinish a stripped...
jellytoast
Stripping paint off of beams
Hi folks. We're working on a wonderful 100-year-old...
GaleForce
Refinishing oak furniture
I fell in love with a very large (11 feet long) piece...
kjreif
Can this door be repaired?
We're renovating a 1920 house and this bedroom door...
weedyacres
Brand new dewalt planer, not feeding?
Hopefully it's just me doing something wrong. It's...
fireweed22
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™